Thursday, May 18, 2006

what do you think?

Starting to realise what little time I have left on this project, so I really to need to create some discussion so that I can generate helpful feedback. For the conclusion of this project I want to put together some possible design ideas for the Naked Scientists website, that they can consider when they next redevelop their site. I am interested in the use of metaphors within website design and would like to apply this idea to my own designs. The most common metaphor in this line of design, that you probably come across nearly everyday, is your own computer desktop. The layout and structure of your own computer has been based on a real desk. Mac desktops have emphasised this even more with their own Dashboard, containing a clock, a calendar, a calculator etc.

So what do you think about the metaphors used in these websites?

Does the design enhance the site, or hinder it?

Is it just a novelty effect, or do you think it creates easier navigation?

Please comment!

Click here for Nobby's Nuts Website


Click here for Athlete's Website


Click here for Stain Removal Website

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home