Wednesday, May 24, 2006

the conclusion...

Now that I feel I have an ever expanding knowledge of web design, I am going back to the task in hand! My original brief was to redesign the workings and aesthetics of the Naked Scientists website. Obviously my project has taken a very long route to get to this point, so I am now just going to focus on redesigning the home page of the site using the analysis I did at the very start of this project...

This was my first dissection of the site...

From an A2 sheet I managed to simplify the site onto one A4 page...I concentrated on the main headings and subheadings, as there are even more links within these subheadings but all navigation comes back to the home page, so this is the priority.


Sorry that plan isn't very clear, but I have now written out my design clear and simple. I added colour to distinguish between each heading but I don't have to stick with these colours.


1 Comments:

Blogger Christian Lloyd said...

There's something about the typeface (comic/rounded sans) that they've used that I've always found intensely patronising. It says 'we know what we're talking about, but we'll make it friendly so you understand'.

Christian

10:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home